The New Forest LEADER Programme ran from 2015 – and will close in December 2021. The scheme is not accepting further applications.
The New Forest has benefitted from three LEADER programmes and combined, by the end of the current LEADER Programme (2015-2020), New Forest LEADER will have:
- Awarded grants worth more than £3million supporting sustainable economic growth in the area.
- Benefitted, directly or indirectly, more than 500 small rural-based businesses in the New Forest.
- Created and safeguarded over 300 jobs in small rural businesses. This is particularly important in an area which has high proportion of micro & small businesses.
- Provided over 170 small rural businesses with one to one business and project development support.
- Generated private sector investment of £1.50 for every £1 of LEADER invested in local businesses. Many of these businesses in turn spent their grant locally, helping to sustain other businesses within the supply chain.
Funding decisions in the New Forest LEADER area were made by the twenty volunteer members of the Local Action Group (LAG). The LAG’s skills and knowledge of the local area ensure that LEADER funding was used to fund local responses to identified local needs.
LEADER was funded by the EU; with the UK’s departure from the EU there will be no further LEADER Programmes
For information on other grant schemes visit the Business Support pages of the New Forest District Council website